Saturday, September 1, 2007

SECOND “KARMA” FILM IS PRETTY MUCH ALL THRILLS, SPECIAL EFFECTS, AND NON-STOP ACTION

SECOND “KARMA” FILM IS PRETTY MUCH ALL THRILLS, SPECIAL EFFECTS, AND NON-STOP ACTION -- But with virtually no cohesive or compelling story line. -- By Aleph Mathew “Wiggles” Newman

KARMA 2: The Phantom’s Vendetta, is very well put together. The short, but infamous Youtube™ sequel, displays a classic theme of good and evil.
After an interview with co-producers, Adam “Fuscia” Nelson and Eric “KARMA” Katz, I learned about their plans for the third and final Karma film of the trilogy. I was very impressed. Unfortunately, I cannot reveal any plot information, but I can assure you that it will definitely be worth viewing.

IF YOU LIKED “KARMA 2” THAN YOU’LL PROBABLY ENJOY:
TRANSFORMERS, LOST IN SPACE, V FOR VENDETTA

If you enjoyed “KARMA 2,” most likely you will enjoy these three movies listed above. Each of the movies listed share a common theme with the second KARMA film—for example, “Transformers was a well put together film, full of iniquity and justice- displayed through battles, not dialog. I must admit, yes, it was very entertaining to see the phantom charging through doors, or oddly featuring a Darth Vader characterization, but the film turned me off when it turned into one big chase scene!
I understand that the third film will explain the entire series, but as for now, I can only rate KARMA 2, as “mediocre,” for lacking a cohesive or compelling story line. (Cont. on Pg. 2)

(Cont.) Until the early 90’s, people often thought of movie sequels as a “get rich quick”, moneymaking scheme that producers would often think up to collect a little more money before their next big blockbuster.
Sequels didn’t become successful until the era of the “Star Wars” series and the “Back to the Future” trilogy. Now sequels are thought as an extended storyline or a technique used to stretch a more complex plot storyline. For example, the “Back to the Future” series became more complex as each sequel developed.
Before I conclude my article, please take a look to your right, where you’ll find a chart of box-office sequel records and where KARMA 2: The Phantom’s Vendetta, relates to other infamous sequels, including “Back to the Future,” ‘Star Wars,” and “Harry Potter.”

Finally, I just would like to mention that though the film lacks a story line, you should still see it, because it’s entertaining. Fraternally submitted with undying love for:

Cleveland Indians, Chicken Wings, Cavs making it to the NBA finals, AIT/MIT 2007, and my heart and home, Portage Trail #114.

Back to the Future II:
$27,835,125
Star Wars II:
$21,975,993
Harry Potter II:
$88,357,488
Karma II:
$0.00

No comments: