Tonight is fraternity overnight; one of the biggest lessons I learned at AIT/MIT was all about fraternity. Of course I had A LOT of fun at AIT/MIT (Karma and Jiggles, you guys missed out on a lot of fun), but I also really learned a lot about AZA and ultimately myself.
When I arrived at Camp Wise, I was a little skeptical about the weekend and I questioned if I would feel out of place; Previous to the weekend I didn’t know the words to any of the PT or AZA chants, I didn’t know too many Alephs outside of my chapter, and until this weekend I didn’t understand what it truly meant to be an Aleph of AZA.
We spent Saturday in a variety of rotations as well as participating in the great race, but I didn’t truly understand AZA until that evening. After the AIT’s had been inducted, we spent the next hour and a half sitting outside in a pavilion, in the dark. During this period I learned a lot about AZA; rather than my usual fun times with AZA, for the first time, I felt inspired.
I learned that what I am about to dedicate the next four years of my life to, is more than just a youth group… we are a fraternity of brotherhood. I also discovered that AZA allows us to open up to each other as Jewish individuals. (Cont. on Pg. 10)
AZA is geared to help Jewish youth enhance their knowledge and appreciation of Jewish religion and culture by discovering those aspects which are meaningful to them. Also to provide Jewish youth with the opportunities to learn leadership skills and develop their leadership potential to their fullest capabilities. As well as help Jewish youth recognize opportunities for service and encourage involvement in B'nai B'rith and in the Jewish and general community and to develop in Jewish youth an appreciation of the meaning and practice of Tzedakah both in the Jewish and the general community.
AZA is also geared to help Jewish youth develop a commitment to the State of Israel and K'lal Yisrael. Also to help Jewish youth develop a positive self- image. And finally to encourage the development of friendships with other Jewish youth.
In conclusion, I really just wanted to let everybody that was involved in the planning of AIT/MIT know that I really did have an awesome time! To conclude the article, I am going to share with you a short story during my time at AIT/MIT:
On Friday night I met this girl (she was on the red team with me) and she was very nice. She had a cute personality and was very outgoing. She wasn’t the most attractive girl at AIT/MIT… that would have to have been the Solon girls, anyways the point is: she wasn’t ugly. By Saturday night she was ready to through herself on top of me. Anyway, the moral to this story is don’t make out with a girl who is just OK because you’ll probably regret it later!
Fraternally submitted with undying love for:
AIT/MIT 2007, Fraternity, 300, TMNT, Chipotle, Steak and Shake, and my heart and home Portage Trail AZA # 114
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment